Monday, March 19, 2007

Week 22

This week images were taken in Budapest earlier this winter of an old busker. He was trying to play a citer in the freezing cold while mumbling a song. Fascinating to watch but rather sad really. Made me wonder what kind of life the man had. I asked for his name, but he was not interested in a conversation of any kind.

19/3 Monday
All is well, bridge still standing

20/3 Tuesday
All is well, bridge still standing.

21/3 Wednesday
All is well, bridge still standing.

22/3 Thursday
All is well, bridge still standing.

23/3 Friday
All is well, bridge still standing.

24/3 Saturday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-organised a folk dance night at the Bridge Guard House. 25 people said they would come, prepared food etc. 5 actually showed up, do I need to say more. Thank God people visiting from Budapest walked by, were curious and joined in so we could actually make a circle of 8. It’s tough building bridges in this town. So, I just keep working with the children. My own work is on hold till I get my new laptop and camera next week. Laptop is overloaded and camera died a peaceful death.

In the afternoon two locals who migrated to new Zealand came by. The word had gotten out to them in Auckland that there was a Kiwi in town. People seem to be talking about me alright (and gossiping) but not to me of course... I had a write up in a Hungarian news paper today as well. Quiet a happening day! I did Google search for fun and discovered that my name is mentioned on a few sites in Hungarian, no idea what they are saying or where they got their information from.

25/3 Sunday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-Keen to have a cinema experience I went to see ‘Dream Girls” out of desperation in the local cinema. Would have preferred to see Astrix and Obelix earlier in the week, but that was dubbed in Czech.

No comments: