Monday, November 20, 2006

Week 4



13/11 Monday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-learned a new Hungarian word out of desperation: csonkovacks (bone-smith) the best translation for chiropractor. Doubt it if I will ever forget that one. A permanent bridge has been built in my brain as it is linked to a physical experience. Yes I am a kinesthetic learner.



14/11 Tueday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-when my camera moves, I see differently



15/11 Wednesday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-filmed a few kids from the orphanage across the road roller skating. Had no common language to communicate, but the camera got the message through.



16/11 Thursday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-same kids from yesterday saw me in the street and said "jo napod" (hello).
Hello!!! The foundation of a small bridge.



17/11 Friday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-An American tourist walked passed just as I left the residence. We chatted and he gave me his business card. "Let me know when you get famous", he said. Hehe, if only he knew...



18/11 Saturday
All is well, bridge still standing.
-Mala from New Zealand came to stay for the weekend. The New Zealand population of Sturovo doubled just like that.



19/11 Sunday
-walked across the bridge and strolled through historic Estergom, a wonderful place to stroll.
-teenagers performed a puppet show in a cafe and had a ball doing so, a joy to see.
-new pavement in the square (it is actually more a triangle) almost finished.

1 comment:

Marcel Baaijens said...

I have deleted 2 commercial comments that slipped through the system, Marcel