Monday, April 23, 2007

All is well, bridge still standing.

I am taking a break from my daily observations of the bridge. It is time for me to shrink all my possessions that are scattered around this spacious residence into a tiny backpack. This coming Friday I will leave this residency and make space for the next Bridge Guard. Being here is not over, but I can already conclude that I feel very privileged that I have been given the opportunity to serve as a Bridge Guard in Sturovo. The glorious weather that has been blessing this place since Easter is helping me to shed the double dose of winter blues. It was not a tough winter, but even two mild winters in a row can be a bit much.

The feedback from the exhibition has been very positive, the continuous spontaneous interactions with the kids, meeting new people as the sun is warming up the town and the visit of Monique are making these last few days go very fast.

Below images from Adrian, Szilvia and me playing with a beetle and trying to convince Adrian that his prickly legs won't hurt him. Because of the creative process I did with Adrian, a solid bridge has been forged between him, Szilvia and myself that make spending time together such a joy. We have his full trust, as we gave him our trust. We have his full respect, as we gave him respect. It was so simple, but so effective. What did I get out of this? The opportunity and the excuse to connect with my inner child. What does that mean? Well just observe the following sequence of Images of Adrian. He does it naturally, hopefully all his life.

No comments: